The LGBT Committee, a subcommittee of the University of Virginia Diversity Council, was established in 2011 by Vice President and Chief Officer for Diversity & Equity Marcus Martin. The committee is charged with:
- Discussing and addressing items of interest to the LGBT community;
- Reviewing best practices of other institutions;
- Making regular reports to the Diversity Council about the work of the group;
- Providing recommendations, where appropriate, to the Diversity Council and/or senior administration; and
- Strategizing as to how to implement recommendations.
To learn more about the LGBT Committee's work and accomplishments since its inception, please see this resource.
To request to subscribe to the UVA Pride listserv, use the following link and note your email address: https://lists.virginia.edu/sympa/subscribe/uvapride